Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekday meals, March 27-31

I am starting to do weekday meals on the blog, mainly for myself. I always try to make something I never made, even during the week (not just Friday Nights). So I think it will be helpful for me, to remind myself of the things I have made (maybe make changes to perfect it), and even maybe perfect it to put it into another cookbook. I am not going to describe each dish but I will list the name and/or description along with a picture.


Sunday Lunch- Pistachio and Panko encrusted lamb loin chop atop a salad of mixed greens, hearts of palm, tomato, cucumber, pistachio nuts and dried cranberries. Shallot, sherry vinegar and mustard vinaigrette.


Sunday Dinner- Grilled Cheese (cheddar, gorgonzola and boucheron) with sliced poached chicken and fried egg on a thinly sliced round boule loaf of bread from Whole Foods.

Sunday dessert- Honey cookies from Laura Calder filled with apple, lemon and orange granita.


Monday dinner- Brown rice mushroom risotto with chicken and beet greens.


Tuesday dinner- Soup and salad; Roasted beet, goat cheese and mixed greens salad with lemon vinaigrette and sesame semolina bread. White lentil soup with homemade chicken stock, finely diced onion, celery and carrots.

Wednesday dinner-Baked savory crepes filled with steamed kale and cream cheese pesto and a big meatball on the side.


Thursday dinner- Pan seared salmon with braised Brussels sprouts and baby potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment